Hi, my name is Murphy and I’m Irish. St. Patrick’s Day is my favorite holiday so I figured I would bequeath some knowledge to you.
How many Americans claim to have Irish heritage?
A: Nearly 35 million Americans report having Irish heritage, according to the census. That’s seven times the population of Ireland, which is an estimated 4.58 million.
How much corned beef and cabbage is produced in the U.S. yearly?
A: In 2009, roughly 26.1 billion pounds of beef and 2.3 billion pounds of cabbage were produced in the United States.
Where does Irish Soda bread get its name and distinctive taste?
A: Irish soda bread gets its name and distinctive character from the use of baking soda rather than yeast as a leavening agent.
How many St. Patrick’s Day parades are held across the U.S.?
A: More than 100 St. Patrick’s Day parades are held across the United States. New York City and Boston are home to the largest celebrations.
How many cities or towns in the U.S. are named Dublin?
A: Sixteen U.S. places share the name of Ireland’s capital, Dublin. With 44,541 residents, Dublin, CA, is the largest of the nice, followed by Dublin, OH, with 39,310.
11 REASONS WHY ST. PATRICK’S DAY IS THE BEST HOLIDAY
1) You can drink Irish coffee for breakfast and no one will judge you.
2) You can have bountiful meat and potatoes all day long.
3) It’s a holiday where religion, ethnicity, hell, even appropriateness are thrown out the window: Non-Irish people can freely celebrate.
4) When you’re a bartender on St. Patrick’s Day, you’ve won the drunken lottery.
5) This is the one night of the year where grandmas will drink you under the table.
6) The beer is green!!! It’s green!
7) Even Disneyland goes Irish and paints the downtown area green!
8) St. Patrick’s Day means Shamrock Shakes for all!
9) Parades filled with Irish step dancing! Just try not to smile when you see those feet jig about!
10) If you’re a redhead, you’ll be crowned a god and score free drinks all day.
11) You can get away with calling anything your pot of gold, and I do mean anything…
TEN IRISH QUOTES/BLESSINGS
1) “May the roof above us never fall in, and may we friends beneath it never fall out.”
2) “May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours. That stay with you all the year long.”
3) “Who gossips with you will gossip of you.”
4) “It is better to be a coward for a minute than dead for the rest of your life.”
5) “A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.”
6) “Don’t give cherries to pigs or advice to fools.”
7) “May the cat eat you and may the devil eat the cat.”
8) “A silent mouth is sweet to hear.”
9) “The Irish do not want anyone to wish them well; they want everyone to wish their enemies ill.”
10) “A son is a son till he takes him a wife. A daughter is a daughter all of her life.”
This article was written by MURPHY